The purpose of this website is to not only educate others as to the nature and extent of the problems that exist within our International Devotional Community but also to bring together devotees who desire to take shelter of His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda and his ISKCON society. The comment section is a very important aspect of the service we are attempting to offer the devotional community. We at PrabhupādaVision believe that we need to introduce a Comment Moderation Policy which will better serve this end and help to make this vital section run more smoothly and productively. The system that we would like to see here on the comment section are brief and to the point comments that address specific issues that are presented by the specific article being commented on. Below are our new rules showing what type of comment will be moderated. Please note for simplicity of moderation, comments which come under the below policy guidelines will not be published and the onus will be on the commenter to resubmit should their comment be moderated.
- Abusive language
- Offensive or Argumentative attitude including ‘tit for tat’ commentaries.
- Off-Topic – Any comment that is not addressing or relates to the subject matter of the specific article.
- Ad Hominem attacks – Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one’s opponent [name calling] in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument, but can also involve pointing out true character flaws or actions that are irrelevant to the opponent’s argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and negative facts about the opponent’s personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent’s arguments or assertions.
- Solicitations and/or Advertising for personal blogs and websites
- Thread Spamming (posting a comment that has been posted elsewhere on the site)
- Comments with the explicit intention of provoking other commenters or the staff at Prabhupāda Vision.
- Comments containing content that may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Comments containing arguments that have previously been discussed at length should be taken to another forum.
Please keep the comments as brief as possible, keeping to realizations, experiences or specific issues that directly relate to the article for which the comment is submitted and please avoid “tit for tat” retaliatory comments which should be dealt with privately. We have a Chat and can set up a Forum facility to carry on any discussions that may come out of discussions on this Comment Section of our Website. If any devotee would like another medium for discussion etc please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Long or extended comments would better be submitted as an ‘article’ that would give the reader a better understanding of the point or issue you would like to present.
Thank you for reading this and please help us make this forum a better service for the Vaiṣṇava devotees of the Lord in the service of Śrīla Prabhupāda.