GBC RESOLUTIONS 1985
1. The GBC Resolutions must try to finalise the constitution before Lord Caitanya 500th Anniversary.The constitution will be finalised by going through the following stages:
a. The GBC Constitutional Committee should delineate the basic principles and the GBC and expanded body of devotees should discuss
b. A preliminary draft should be created according to the above principles and presented to the GBC and invites. The draft will also be presented to the temple presidents, sannyasis.Those disagreeing with specific points should do so in writing.
c. The GBC constitutional committee should then examine the various suggestions.
d. A revised draft should then be presented to the GBC members and different groups.
e. The validity of the revisions should be determined and a final version drafted.
2. The Constitutional Committee shall consist of:
a. Bhagavan Goswami
b. Jayapataka Swami
c. Balavanta das
d. Harikesh Swami
e. Mukunda Goswami
f. 5 non-GBC representatives from the five continents
selected by the presidents from the respective
February 26, 1985
1. The Retiring Chairman of the GBC will serve as a non-voting member of the GBC officers Committee for 1 more year.
2. Brahmananda Prabhu is suspended from all GBC activities for 2 years, at which time his case will be reviewed.
3. Hari Sauri Prabhu is suspended from all GBC activities for 2 years, at which time his case will be reviewed.
4. Adi Kesava Prabhu is no longer a member of the GBC Body. The GBC encourages him to continue his valuable service to the BBT, and to Back To Godhead Magazine.
5. Mukunda Goswami will be a full GBC member with full voting rights on the GBC body.
6. Sundararupa Goswami is added as Assistant GBC for Italy, Israel and Greece.
7. Ministers who are not GBC members will be known as Global Ministers, continental ministers, National or Regional Ministers.
8. The 1986 GBC meeting will be held in Mayapur after Gaura Purnima Quintencennial Festival.
9. Bhavananda Goswami will be the GBC representative for the zone of Australasia.
10. Tamal Krsna Goswami is added as Trustee on South European, South African and Mauritius properties.
February 27, 1985
1. The GBC zonal secretary whether initiating or not, is the ultimate managerial authority within his zone, as the official representative of the GBC Body.
2. An initiating guru may belong to any ashram.
3. An annual Vyasa Puja book for Srila Prabhupada will be published by the BBT for the next 10,000 years.
4. A GBC vote on adding an initiating guru requies a quorom of 3/4 months of the GBC Body to be present. To be approved,a candidate must receive a vote of 2/3rds of the (members present at that meeting).
5. Bhaktitirtha Swami is empowered to begin giving diksa initiations.
6. Jagadish Goswami is empowered to begin givng diksa initiations.
February 28, 1985
1. Worship of an Acarya outside of his Prabhu Datta Desha is not obligatory beyond ordinary ettiquette accorded any sannyasi or senior vaisnava.
2. Agrani Swami is empowered to begin giving Diksa initiations.
3. Gaura Govinda Swami iis empowered to begin givng Diksa initiations, pendng the approval of a 3-man committee appointed by the GBC Body.
4. Hridayananda Goswami is added as Co-GBC with Pancadravida Swami for El Salvador.
5. Pancadravida Swami is appointed as GBC for Columbia. Jayapataka Swami is no longer GBC for Columbia.
6. Bhakti Swarupa Damodara Goswami is added as Go-GBC with Atreya Rsi Prabhu for the Northwest USA Zone.
7. The zone of Vasudeva Dasa will include Fiji, New Caledonia, Tonga, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Cook Islands, Nauru, Kiribati, Tuvalu, and Tahiti. Bhagavan Goswami is no longer GBC for all the above places except Fiji.
8. The cities of Hrishikesh and Kuruksetra are added to Atreya Rsi Prabhus zone. They are no longer in Gopal Krsna Goswami’s zone.
9. All ISKCON literature intended for the public must be published exclusively by the BBT, or by a center or publisher specifically authorised by the BBT.
10. The unabridged, complete edition of the Bhagavad-Gita As It Is published by the North American BBT is the most authentic edition closest to Srila Prabhupada’s original.
13. All ISKCON leaders must visibly chant 16 rounds a day, must follow the 4 regulative principles, and must religiously attend the daily morning program in the temple, as prescribed by Srila Prabhupada.
14. The New Vrindavan Krsna Theme Park project is approved as the next official international fate project.
15. No books published by Hansadutta or any of his followers should be purchased by Iskcon Temples or devotees.
16. Sannyasa recommendations for 1987:
Premananda Das Pancadravida Swami
Maharsi Das ”
Ayodhyapati Bhagavan Goswami
Janananda Das Prabhavisnu Swami
Niranjana Das Satsvarupa Goswami
Maha Bhagavata Das Pancadravida Swami
Kesava Das ”
Banabhatta Das Hridayananda Goswami
Rasananja Das ”
Candramukha Das ”
Smita Krsna Das Harikesa Swami (at his
Kurma Rupa Das Jagadish Goswami
Giridhari Das Tamal Krsna Goswami
Anudeshya Vapu Das Bhavananda Goswami
Ilapati Das Jayapataka Swami
Bhima Das Gopal Krsna Goswami
Bhavananda Raya Das Bhakti Swarupa Damodar Goswami
March 1, 1985
1. Jagadish Goswami is assigned as GBC for Radha KRSNA SWAMI’S Mexico City Center.
3. In general anyone who is recommended to the GBC Body to become initiating guru shall have worked in an area for at least 3 years, and have the recommendation of the local GBC Zonal Secretary, National Secretary, Regional or State Secretary, local Presidents or Temple leaders, as applicable. The recommendations of the Zonal leaders should be submitted in confidential letters to the GBC officers.
4. When the GBC Body gives their blessings to a candidate to initiate, it is for a particular guru-datta-desa. If the candidate wants to later change his area, his initiating functions shall again be reviewed and considered by the GBC Body under the conditions set down in the previous resolution. This establishes the GBC Body in in its position as the ultimate managing authority of Iskcon.
5. All new initiates must vow at the time of initiation that they accept initiation by their guru into the ISKCON disciplic succession whose founder acarya is His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, and whose ultimate managing authority is the GBC Body.
6. All disciples must offer Gurupuja daily to their spiritual master.
7. This coming year the North American GBC will hold 3 istaghostis with their senior leaders to plan continental peaching strategies. Simultaneously, the North American zones will adopt and try to impliment the zonal assembly structure.
8. The 1986 Vrindavan Festival will be held for 4 days,
just before the Mayapur Festival.
9. Sannyasa candidates approved for 1985
Ksittimohan Das Pancadravida Swami
Mahaniddhi Das Satsvarupa Goswami
Raghava Pandita Das Jayapataka Swami
Jaidvaj Das Gopal Krsna Goswami
Purushatraya Das Hridayananda Goswami
Ritadvaja Das ”
Jambavan Das ”
Dhanvantari Das ”
Sanyasa candidate recommended for 1986
Duridar Das Gopal Krsna Goswami
Dasarath Das Bhavananda Goswami
APPROVED RESOLUTIONS FROM GLOBAL SECRETARIAT
10. Each GBC proposal submitted to the Global Secretariat contain an explanation. If possible, the GBC man who submits the proposal should discuss it with the Global Secretariat before their meeting.
11. Istaghostis of the full GBC Bocy and invited senior devotees are an official part of the GBC meetings.
12. The Global Secretariat should continue to be appointed by the individual GBC members.
13. A medical review board should be created by the GBC Body to deal with special cases of devotees having extreme health problems who have no temple willing to support them.
14. The IFR is officialy part of the ministry of public affairs.
15. The minister of finance, Atreya Rsi Prabhu, shall make a thorough investigation of Srila Prabhupada’s statements on ISKCON management and finance, compiling them in an organised manner for distribution to the Society.
16. This coming year there will be daily readings from the Sri Caitanya Caritamrita in each temple.
17. Anyone abandoning the sannyasa asrama to take up the grhasta srama shall immediately relinquish his sanyasa name and titles, and resume his name at first initiation.
18. The Christmas Marathon will be officially titled the “Srila Prabhupada Marathon.”
19. Until the philosophy paper on the Position of a Spiritual master is produced, the 1978 GBC resolution on pranam mantras be suspended.
20. The chairman of the Global Secretariat (with the help of the members) will personally see to establishing an inventory of ISKCON – owned properties and the present manner in which they are held and secured (to be submitted to the GBC Secretary before the 1986 festival.)
21. The sankirtan newsletter should categorize zones as small/medium/large, thereby promoting competition with similar sized zones.
22. The draft of the Bhakta Manual prepared by Rohininandana Prabhu be reviewed by the commitee selected by the Global Secretariat.
23. All Global Secretaries are looking foward to the “500th Anniversary Lord Caitanya Magazine” and hope that all zones of the world distribute it profusely.
24. A high quality hardbound Srila Prabhupada Vyasa Puja book for the whole society be published annually. It shall include offerings from all GBC members, Iskcon centers, and sannyasis worldwide. Continental Vyasa Puja books are welcome additions.
March 2, 1985
1. The author of a temple’s offering in the Annual World Vyasa Puja Book be stated for each temple.
2. The Srila Prabhupada archives make available its resources to all devotees assigned as researchers on the GBC/ Temple Presidents Research committee.
3. The Constitutional Committee provide, within the judicial constitution, a judicial system for dealing with a GBC man who does not follow the laws of Iskcon.
4. Before the ISKCON constitution is ratified by the GBC Body, it will be thoroughly discussed in istaghostis by Regonal Secretaries, Temple Presidents, Sannyasis, and other senior devotees.
5. All Acaryas should personally make it clear to their disciples that he is not offended if his Godbrothers do not chant his pranam mantras in kirtan and do not attend his guru puja.
6. Each zone should provide 1 man plus 1% of the total devotee population for the entire remaining duration of the Padayatra, beginning immediately after the 1985 Mayapur – Vrndavan Festival.
7. The Festival fees for the 1986 500th Lord Caitanya Festival be fixed as follows:
US $350.00 per devotee for residence in the Long Building
US $250.00 per devotee for residence in other accommodations
US $150.00 per devotee for residence in other accomodations