Rādhā Govinda Swami – US: Hare Krsna All glories to Srila Prabhupada. Please accept my fallen obeisances.
The follow are verse found in the Srimad Bhagavatam, 12th canto, which we can see in relevant application to present-day’s ISKCON GBC as a general body, in regards to most of the individuals on it, and the various other ISKCON “elitists”:
From Chapter 2: (Numbers apply to the specific verse)
1) Sukadeva Gosvami said: Then, O King, religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of Kali.
2) In Kali-yuga, wealth alone will be considered the sign of a man’s good birth, proper behavior and fine qualities. And law and justice will be applied only on the basis of one’s power.
How much money various GBC, SINyasis, and ITS A CON gooroos have stolen for themselves; money which should have been used directly in service to Krsna. I’m saying this only in relation to those to whom this applies.
3) … success in business will depend on deceit. …a man will be known as a brahmana just by his wearing a thread.
So many of these ISKCON “in-charges,” have used ISKCON for themselves as a business, and because enough of them have done so, ISKCON as an institution has been made into a business; one based on dishonesty, hypocrisy, greediness, duplicity, deceit. And we may ask, how many wearing threads are truly brahmanas by dint of quality? – BG 18.42 – including in sannyas garb.
4) A person’s spiritual position will be ascertained merely according to external symbols, and on that same basis people will change from one spiritual order to the next. A person’s propriety will be seriously questioned if he does not earn a good living. And one who is very clever at juggling words will be considered a learned scholar.
5) A person will be judged unholy if he does not have money, and hypocrisy will be accepted as virtue.
6) …Filling the belly will become the goal of life, and one who is audacious will be accepted as truthful…the principles of religion will be observed only for the sake of reputation.
And even some of these ITS A CON “elitists” don’t follow the principles of religion.
7) Whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.
8) Losing their wives and properties to such avaricious and merciless rulers, who will behave no better than ordinary thieves, the citizens will flee to the mountains and forests.
Devotees having been made to leave what used to be Srila Prabhupada’s, because of the corrupted GBC’s pushing them out, and the so many deviations instituted by the GBC, some of them even losing their spouses due the various related ISKCON factors, including some ISKCON guru deciding to take another man’s wife, or breaking up marriages through causing purposeful dissention.
41) Even though a person’s body may now have the designation “king,” in the end its name will be “worms,” “stool” or “ashes.” What can a person who injures other living beings for the sake of his body know about his own self-interest, since his activities are simply leading him to hell?
GBCs and/or ISKCON “elitists” who are reading this, please take this and the next verse into consideration.
43) Although the foolish accept the body made of earth, water and fire as “me” and this earth as “mine,” in every case they have ultimately abandoned both their body and the earth and passed away into oblivion.
1) Sukadeva Gosvami said: Seeing the kings of this earth busy trying to conquer her, the earth herself laughed. She said: “Just see how these kings, who are actually playthings in the hands of death, are desiring to conquer me.
2) “Great rulers of men, even those who are learned, meet frustration and failure because of material lust. Driven by lust, these kings place great hope and faith in the dead lump of flesh called the body, even though the material frame is as fleeting as bubbles of foam on water.
3) “Kings and politicians imagine: ‘First I will conquer my senses and mind; then I will subdue my chief ministers and rid myself of the thorn-pricks of my advisors, citizens, friends and relatives, as well as the keepers of my elephants.
4) In this way I will gradually conquer the entire earth.’ Because the hearts of these leaders are bound by great expectations, they fail to see death waiting nearby.
5) “…What is the use of their self-control, which is aimed at political exploitation? The actual goal of self-control is spiritual liberation.”
7) “For the sake of conquering me, materialistic persons fight one another. Fathers oppose their sons, and brothers fight one another, because their hearts are bound to possessing political power.
32) Cities will be dominated by thieves, the Vedas will be contaminated by speculative interpretations of atheists, political leaders will virtually consume the citizens, and the so-called priests and intellectuals will be devotees of their bellies and genitals.
33) The brahmacaris will fail to execute their vows and become generally unclean, the householders will become beggars, the vanaprasthas will live in the villages, and the sannyasis will become greedy for wealth.
36) Servants will abandon a master who has lost his wealth, even if that master is a saintly person of exemplary character. Masters will abandon an incapacitated servant, even if that servant has been in the family for generations.
38) Uncultured men will accept charity on behalf of the Lord and will earn their livelihood by making a show of austerity and wearing a mendicant’s dress. Those who know nothing about religion will mount a high seat and presume to speak on religious principles.
41) In Kali-yuga men will develop hatred for each other even over a few coins. Giving up all friendly relations, they will be ready to lose their own lives and kill even their own relatives.
GBC’s arranged beating and or killing of certain devotees. This includes Srila Prabhupada’s being poisoned and its purposeful coverup.
42) Men will no longer protect their elderly parents, their children or their respectable wives. Thoroughly degraded, they will care only to satisfy their own bellies and genitals.
May I direct the reader to the following (which can be found here), regarding how loving and caring our GBC truly are despite whatever they’ve written on their recently made website:
The Srimad Bhagavatam, though giving the above descriptions regarding this Kali age, gives us the following hope:
45) In the Kali-yuga, objects, places and even individual personalities are all polluted. The almighty Personality of Godhead, however, can remove all such contamination from the life of one who fixes the Lord within his mind.
50) My dear King, the Personality of Godhead is the ultimate controller. He is the Supreme Soul and the supreme shelter of all beings. When meditated upon by those about to die, He reveals to them their own eternal spiritual identity.
51) My dear King, although Kali-yuga is an ocean of faults, there is still one good quality about this age: Simply by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, one can become free from material bondage and be promoted to the transcendental kingdom.
52) Whatever result was obtained in Satya-yuga by meditating on Vishnu, in Treta-yuga by performing sacrifices, and in Dvapara-yuga by serving the Lord’s lotus feet can be obtained in Kali-yuga simply by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra.
Despite where the past and present-day GBC have taken ISKCON, may we take shelter of Srila Prabhupada’s Lotus Feet, His instructions to us, and the Holy Names of Sri Sri Radha and Krsna, and attain that which They so much want for us.